Bad transformer switch causes power outage
All power has been restored to homes on the west side that were affected by just after 8 a.m. Thursday. An IPL spokesperson says the outage was caused by a bad switch that arced and then caused a main line burn through and fall, cutting power to around 2,000 customers in Wayne Township.
Video from Chopper 13 HD showed sparks and then a fire on the top of a power pole along Girls School Road near U.S. 136 around 6:30 a.m.
IPL crews responded to the scene shortly after that fire.