5 things you need to know for Friday, Feb. 17
INDIANAPOLIS (WTHR) - Happy Friday! Here are five things you need to know this morning:
1) There's a new tipline to share information related to the murder of two Delphi teenagers. Tipsters can remain anonymous by calling (844) 459-5786. Investigators say they've gotten hundreds of tips so far, and they're following up on all of them. A search warrant was served at a home on the west side of Delphi yesterday, but no arrests were made afterward.
2) The Gary teen who triggered a statewide AMBER Alert this week now stands accused of killing her own mother. Police issued the alert for 15-year-old Chastinea Reeves when she disappeared around 2 a.m. Monday -- around the same time that her mother, 34-year-old Jamie Garnett, was stabbed to death.
3) A 14-year-old is behind bars, accused of planning a shooting at Bedford North Lawrence. A school resource officer was alerted that the student had been making threats to harm other students and shoot people, according to the Lawrence County Sheriff's Office. No other suspects are believed to be involved.
4) Expect a beautiful day in Indiana as we head from February to April real quickly. Look for mostly sunny skies and highs near 60 degrees today. Chuck Lofton's latest forecast has at least seven straight 60 degree days, and possibly an eighth in advance of a potentially strong storm system in the Ohio Valley.
5) Today is Random Acts of Kindness Day! Our Carlos Diaz took this to heart. He started the day spreading joy by buying gas for people on Indy's northwest side; delivering donuts to police officers, firefighters and hospital workers; and even delivering treats to some four-legged friends at a doggy daycare! Share your random acts of kindness with us on Twitter with #WTHRKindness, or post them to our Facebook page!