2013 WTHR Employment Opportunity Fair at the Indiana Black Expo Summer Celebration
Presented by the Indiana Black Expo
Thursday, July 18, 2013, 12 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Indiana Convention Center 500 Ballroom
If you need a job or if you are looking for other opportunities, don't miss the WTHR Employment Opportunity Fair presented by the Indiana Black Expo at the Expo's Summer Celebration on Thursday, July 18th, 2013 from 12 to 5 p.m., in the Indiana Convention Center's 500 Ballroom. Be sure to dress professionally to make a good first impression. You may be talking to your future employer. Click here for a list of this year's participating employers and current job openings. Visit often for an updated list.
New this year
- No resume workshop and services will be offered on site on July 18th. Instead, job seekers are urged to prepare themselves ahead of time by signing up now for free career classes and workshops offered by WorkOne Indy. You can also talk to career counselors from WorkOne Indy to receive help in building your resume, free of charge. Remember, if you want to beat the competition, you need to be prepared. Be sure to take advantage of all tools available at WorkOne Indy to help you stand out from the crowd.
- New this year? Participating employers have an opportunity to network with each other from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. before the job fair starts. This Business Network Session is held in Rooms 105 and 106 at the Indiana Convention Center.
- Also new this year, job seekers can attend a free career development workshop from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m., right before the Employment Opportunity Fair, in the Convention Center's 500 Ballroom. Topics covered during the workshops include:
- How to use social media in your job search
- Getting back into the workforce & marketing your skills
- How to prepare for an interview
- What employers look for in a resume
The WTHR Employment Opportunity Fair is sponsored by Markeys, and presented by Indiana Black Expo.
Carmel Police Department
Indiana Broadcasters Association
VA Medical Center
Ivy Tech Community College
Wishard Health Services
Community Health Network
Fifth Third Bank
Marion County Sheriff
One America Financial Partners
Laborers Intl. Union of N.A. Local 120
Indianapolis Power & Light
Health & Hospital Corp.
Citizens energy group
Herman & Kittle Properties
St. Vincent Health
United Way of Central Indiana
Republic Airways Holdings
Marian University Accelerated Nursing Program
Indianapolis Public Schools
Ardyss International/Doxa Solutions
Simon Property Group
Honda Manufacturing of Indiana, LLC
Indianapolis Airport Authority Cummins
Managed Health Services
U.S. Marine Corps
Indiana State Personnel Department
Ball State University
Navy Recruiting District-Michigan
Hamilton Center Inc.
Harris & Ford
Indiana State Police Department
Total Quality Logistics
Independence Job Corps Center
Phalen Academics Leadership
WTHR Channel 13