13-Minute Meals: Watermelon Salad
The recipe for Watermelon Salad from Chef Suzanne on Eyewitness News at Noon on June 9, 2014.
1 (5-pound) watermelon
1 Vidalia or other sweet onion
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
Salt and pepper
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
6 whole mint sprigs
1. Cut watermelon into chunks. Chop mint.
2. Whisk together vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, chopped mint, dash of salt and pepper.
3. Slice onions.
4. Place watermelon chunks into large bowl.
5. Sprinkle the top w/feta cheese and onions.
6. Pour vinaigrette over the top. Serve chilled or at room temp.