Colts' Reagor avoids arrest - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

Colts' Reagor avoids arrest

Montae Reagor #90 Montae Reagor #90

LITTLETON, Colo. (AP) - Indianapolis Colts defensive tackle Montae Reagor avoided arrest after showing up 6½ hours late for a court hearing on a harassment charge Tuesday. At a mid-afternoon hearing, Judge Marguerite T. Langstaff canceled an arrest warrant issued hours earlier for Reagor's failure to appear, reinstated the previous bond, and released Reagor, court spokesman Michael Knight said.

Reagor is charged with harassing and making telephone threats to a former girlfriend who lives in the Denver area. He was released on $1,000 bond after his arrest on Saturday and played in the
Colts' 33-14 loss to the Broncos the following day. Reagor was supposed to appear Tuesday morning for a hearing in Arapahoe County Court, but did not show up on the advice of his
attorney, Dennis Hartley. Langstaff then issued a warrant. Hartley said he contacted Reagor, who flew in from Indianapolis, Knight said.

Frank Moschetti, the county's chief deputy district attorney, said that under Colorado law for domestic violence cases, Reagor was required to show up at court. The woman, who has a 2-year-old son with Reagor, told investigators that Reagor was upset about child support payments
and threatened her life unless she stopped court proceedings against him, according to court documents.   Reagor denied the charge and called the complaint "a lie to discredit and pressure him" for more money, the affidavit said.

Reagor was expected to be allowed to return to Indianapolis after making a court appearance and signing a restraining order to not contact his ex-girlfriend. Colts coach Tony Dungy said Monday he planned on having Reagor in the lineup for the Colts' first-round playoff game against Denver on Sunday. Reagor played for the Broncos from 1999-02 and signed with the Colts as a free agent before the 2003 season.

(Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press.  All Rights Reserved.)

Powered by WorldNow